Saturday, October 31, 2009

I'm looking to rent a property. I have a poor credit rating. will this cause me problems?

Yes it will.



I%26#039;m looking to rent a property. I have a poor credit rating. will this cause me problems?

Probably not - private landlords rarely do such deep credit checks.



I%26#039;m looking to rent a property. I have a poor credit rating. will this cause me problems?

It depends on the property and who it is owned by. Sometimes they ask for a larger deposit....sometimes they just turn you down....it depends.



I%26#039;m looking to rent a property. I have a poor credit rating. will this cause me problems?

They will probably ask for a guarantor. Someone to sign to say they will make the payments in the event of you not paying.



I%26#039;m looking to rent a property. I have a poor credit rating. will this cause me problems?

yes because a low credit score means high interest rates



the best way to improve your score is removing bad entries



from your report we can help you do that call me at (954)495-9495 or toll free (866)625-0444 ext.238 or e-mail me at



miller_goodlifecredit@yahoo.com



I%26#039;m looking to rent a property. I have a poor credit rating. will this cause me problems?

Unfortunately it will if the property is advertised through an estate agents as the landlords pay them a fee to ensure that there are no problems with tenants etc. Hence the reason why a lot of landlords prefer to rent properties through them as it saves them the hassle if tenants don%26#039;t pay etc.



My advice to you would be look in the back of your local paper there are always people advertising properties to rent and they rarely do credit checks but along with this more often than not comes problems with the property i.e. things not being maintained properly (even though it is against the law).



It also depends how bad your credit is as to whether you would %26#039;fail%26#039; a credit check by the estate agents. Why not just try your luck?? You never know - i know obviously there is some embarrassment that comes with this but if you prepare yourself for the worst if you do get the house you want its a bonus!!



Hope this helps x



I%26#039;m looking to rent a property. I have a poor credit rating. will this cause me problems?

It depends what you mean by %26#039;poor%26#039;.



If you:



- Are overdrawn past your agreed limit and are in arrears with repayments, have not made sufficient payments for three months and have not reached an agreement with the bank on the matter.



- Are over the credit limit on your credit cards and have been in arrears on repayments for over three months, and have reached no agreement with the lender.



- Have made numerous, excessive credit searches in the last six months.



- Have had a CCJ or been declared bankrupt at any point.



- Are unemployed.



Then yes, you will have a poor rating and a tough time getting a rental agreement with a professional letting agency who performs these checks.



For peace of mind though, these things do not seriously affect your rating:



- Having numerous credit cards which have not reached their limits and are repayed on time.



- Having loans which are repaid on time.



- Being declined for credit applications (as this may often be for reasons unrelated to a poor credit rating)



So there you go. There%26#039;s always a way around it. If the letting agency tells you they are unwilling to rent you the property, you can offer more money upfront, give a greater security deposit or, if all else fails, rent privately with a landlord who will not perform such checks.

No comments:

Post a Comment